
Buona sera! It is about 10pm or 22:00 here in Svizzera on Tuesday evening - 4pm in Eastern USA. I am happy to say that our flights were both fairly uneventful and smooth - the dogs did very well under the seats in front of us and we had no problems at all going through customs with them! That's not to say that Monday before the flight wasn't hectic, of course! We pre-weighed our bags before leaving Westborough just to make sure they weren't too heavy, and surprise! Two of them were about 20lbs overweight. We had to repack and send some extra boxes through the post office at the last minute, but after that crisis, everything was great! We love our apartment, and my first trip to the grocery store was not as scary as I thought it would be! I even used a tiny bit of my Italian that I've been neglecting to learn all summer.
But if you know us, it wouldn't be moving day without rain - so it's been raining since we arrived in Zurich and then in Lugano - apparently it is never like this in this area for so long throughout the day, so we must have brought it with us! The weekend is supposed to be beautiful, though, so I will definitely get out with my camera and take some pictures to post! I did get a shot from our apartment window that is amazing - though you can't quite see up to the top of the mountain in the fog. Enjoy!
The best views so far were definitely from the plane on our way from Zurich to Lugano as we flew over the Alps. It was raining below us and cloudy, but the Alps rose above the clouds and it was absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get out and explore! I'll post again soon - as soon as the rain stops!
4 comments:
So happy to hear that you made it safely! That must have been amazing to see the Alps popping up out of the clouds. Me, personally, I love a rainy day so I love the photo. Are you feeling exotically international yet? Shopping in a foreign market and speaking Italian??? When do classes start for David? And what is he teaching (and don't say music because I know that already)?
Classes start in two weeks (Wednesday Sept. 5). I will be teaching instrumental and choral music in grades 9-12 and Middle School Music (general music) in 7-8.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER!
Yay! Glad to see you made it!
Post a Comment